What is Body Shaping Surgery?
Body Shaping Surgery is a procedure that alters the shape of the human body. It includes procedures that eliminate or reduce excess skin and fat that remains after previously obese individuals have lost a significant amount of weight, in a variety of places including the torso, upper arms, chest, and thighs.The procedure is much the same for removing loose, hanging skin on the upper leg. A thigh lift is performed through incisions placed in the natural groin crease. The excess skin is removed and the tissues are lifted to improve the contour and smooth the skin of the entire area below it extending to the knees.
Body Shaping Surgery encompasses a number of different body sculpting techniques used by cosmetic surgeons to reshape almost any area of the body. Through body sculpting surgery, patients can effectively eliminate excess fat and skin that are unresponsive to diet and exercise.
Body Shaping Surgery procedures may include:
- Facelift: sagging of the mid-face, jowls, and neck
- Breast lift: sagging, flattened breasts
- Tummy tuck: apron of excess skin hanging over the abdomen
- Lower body lifts: sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, inner and outer thighs
- Medial thigh lift: sagging of the inner thigh
- Arm lift: sagging of the upper arms