What is Fat Injection?
Fat Injection procedure transfers fat from areas in which you have excess fat, such as the outer thighs, and injects it into areas that may be lacking in volume, such as your face, hands, breasts or buttocks. This safe, long-lasting, well-tolerated procedure produces natural-looking results. Every year, thousands of people undergo successful fat grafting and are pleased with the results. It is also known as fat grafting or fat transfer.
The 3 components of Fat Injection are:
- extraction of fat with liposuction
- processing and centrifugation of fat
- re-injection of fat
When to Consider Fat Injection
- If you have facial areas that appear creased and sunken
- If you desire more permanent correction than is provided by temporary fillers
- For use in breast reconstruction, to fill in contour irregularities or hide obvious signs of breast implants